March 22, 2012

When a woman met a woman.....

Is the old saying "don't look for love, let love find you," actually true?

If you would of asked me that 3 years ago I would of said no. I would of told you that in order to get what you want in life you have to take it, even demand for it. But now.......

It all started back on 2/16/2010. I was sitting at home when I got a text message from Facebook: "Dawn" sent you a message. What started as an innocent announcement turned into a blossoming, loving relationship. What started as a "I found you in a local lesbian group," turned into a family.

2 days later we met.......
And it was.....amazing. Words can not describe the happiness she brought me. The sunshine that came into my life. She was the 2nd best thing in my life. She stayed that first weekend with me....the whole weekend. We went to the park with the girls, played around. She pushed them on the swings. They laughed and she laughed. And I stood back taking pictures. Hoping she was the one.....

That weekend was one of the shortest in my life. Before I knew it, she was gone. Back to home. Back to college. She only lived 30-40 minutes from me but the distance might as well been 3,000 miles, because it felt like it.

A month and 2 days after we met I asked one of the first important questions any person asks another, "will you be my girlfriend?"

I knew she was going to say yes, but I was still nervous. As we sat outside on the bench, outside of Outback Steakhouse, all I could think was "this is the moment that will define our future." And as she said yes an unexplainable joy washed over me. That is my girl now.

And 2 years later I am glad to say that I am even more lucky today than i was then to have her in my life. I have come quite a ways because of her support, because of her love and her belief in me. Just thinking of every joy and happiness she has brought into my life makes me cry. Watching her with OUR girls when she comes home makes every minute we are apart, as a family, worth it.

This woman, who I am so proud to call my partner, is....is.....taking all the words in the universe right out of my mouth. Words can not explain the gratitude and love and......just everything I feel about her and towards her.

And my biggest dream.....my last dream is to take this woman into my arms, hold her tight and make her my wife. That is all I want in this world. I want to carry her last name until the last breath escapes me. I want to be by her side until for eternity. And if possible....even after that. I want to buy a house together, I want her to lawfully be the twins 2nd parent. I want a joint banking account with her. I want to file my taxes with her. And I want the world to see and know that Dawn E. M. and I are bound to each other.

So this here is dedicated to the love of my life. My Princess, my Boo.....my Dawn.
I love you so much. Happy Anniversary!! 2 years down and a lifetime to go. I will always be by your side....no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment