March 6, 2012

Day 2 Photo Challenge:My Best Friends

Today I am supposed to post a picture of my best friend. But the problem is....I have more than one. Well actually today I am supposed to post a picture of me and the person I have been close with the longest. But how do you determine the "longest" part. By distance of time? What about time spent together? What about by how they impacted your life? Does a parent count or can it only be no-biological people? What if there are 2 people? What if there are 3?


Upper L: Dawn & I, Upper R:Brittney & I, Lower L:Ashley & I
Here they are. The 3 people who I have been close with the longest. The 3 people not related to me that I love more than anyone. The 3 people who have changed my life in more ways than they ever will know.

Brittney I met when I was 12. She watched go from pre-teen bopper to metal-head. She cut my hair(and was the only person I could trust to do so), so was the first one I dyed my hair with. She pierced my belly button when I was 13. She and I wanted to be in a all-girls metal band when we was 13. She is the reason why I love Slipknot and Kittie. She is the Godmother to one of our daughters. I named our youngest twin daughter after her.

Ashley I met when I was 15. She took me from hard-rock girl to preppy chick meanwhile keeping the same girl everyone knew and loved. We went to the state fair together....and stayed till it was midnight. She is my Tiger and I her T.j. (little nicknames we gave each other). We have tons of inside jokes( speed bump....and *lifts up arms* lets go flying) and we can just laugh till we cry when we are in the same room together. She is the other Godmother to one of our daughters. I named our oldest twin daughter after her.

Dawn I met when I was 22. She came at a time when I least expected her. She has made me so happy. She has opened my eyes and my heart. She has taken care of our girls so well. She loves us all. She is the one that has brought the most love into my life. She is not only my spouse....my partner but she is also best friend. She was with my when I got my proudest tattoo. She has grown to understand sarcasm(and use it sometimes better than me). She has introduced me to sushi and a good burrito(GOOOOO CHIPOTLE!!). She took me to my first Pride Festival. We have wonderful memories together....from the Georgia Aquarium to the zoo to just our local Walmart. She makes every day an adventure.


Well there you have it. My 3 best friends. And without just 1 of them I wouldn't be who I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment